Saturday, July 7, 2007

Who is your hero or heroine?

July 2007 Answers:
  • Chris Bliss...sense of balance (Check out the YouTube video and you will see why)
  • Gib Mach- my dad- He was a positive influence in many lives and a super role model.
  • Marin Luther King, Jr. and Starhawk- Great courage and power thru nonviolent activism.
  • My hero is my son, who faces the challenge of multiple disabilities with grace, dignity, patience and perseverance.
  • My mom & my husband - when my son was born at home and the midwife didn't show up in time, they delivered my son. No firetrucks or 911 necessary. We call them our local heroes.
  • My late grandmother (Nonny) is my heroine. Her husband died when my mom was only 2. She also had a one year old, a three year old and five other children. She had to raise these 8 children on her own as well as run the family business. She even took in two foster children. She was very independent and always happy. She taught me to always enjoy life no matter what life hands you. - Deb R.
  • My mom who fought cancer and almost won. She taught me how to fight hard.
  • Muhammad Ali - Outstanding moral principles and courage to stand up for them. Plus the greatest boxer of our time! Pacifist, warrior, hero.
  • Michael Moore, you're my hero.
  • My dad 'cause he's got some crazy stories
  • Mahatma Ghandi for standing up in the face of oppression
  • Sir Richard Burton - an English explorer/spy in the 18th century India who made great strides in language and culture. He was kind of a jerk though.
  • My hero is Jesus Christ. He died for me. He rose for me. He lives for me. And has a home prepared for me in heaven!!
  • John Lennon - he was fearless
  • Jesus Christ - he died for us
  • James Bond- RJW
  • Georgia O'Keefe for one
  • Desmond Tutu
  • Carry Weed- PKC
  • My teacher, Miss McMorris/ my mom
  • Bobby Kennedy. He brought the hopes of equality to all people.
  • Dad, he rocks
  • Charlie the Unicorn- he lost a kidney for comedy... :)
  • Joseph Stalin for bringing so many people together forever.
  • Oprah. CH
  • Truth is so transcendent that we depend on it more than it will ever depend on us. SK
  • The Buddah for sharing a path for peace
  • Ceasar Millan, rehabilitates dogs while training people- Go dog whisperer!
  • Superman- need we say more...
  • mom and dad
  • my hero is anyone who can face the reality of our world and not be discouraged.
  • Joan Benoit who won the 1st Olympic women's marathon in 1984 in Los Angeles. When she was way ahead of the pack and alone on the LA freeway all the commentators predicted she'd "never last." She went on to win! I still admire her. It was a great moment for women and sports.
  • Superman
  • Gary Snyder- Award wining poet, proactive environmentalist has lived a diverse life following his won rules and path and came out as a humble role model.
  • My hero- for the moment is Madeline Kunin- who paved the way for women in Vermont and justice in Europe and a healthy environment!
  • My mom! Because she has such an open mind and youthful spirit at almost 80!
  • Pat Tillman- Gave up Million $ Triggered to serve by 9/11/01

No comments: