Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Current Question: What one event in history would you change...and why?

September / October Answers:
  • The extinction of the dinosaurs. Why? We'd have awesome hunting.
  • Me being bad. ~ Kenadee
  • I would have met my love Theresa sooner so we could have spent even more wonderful years together.
  • Make the reparations imposed on Germany after WWI less harsh. Perhaps this would have prevented their economic collapse which enabled the Nazi's rise to power.
  • I would stop the invention of the wheel so that people would have been more inclined to stay home rather than spreading their stuff on other people's fields. ~ Steph
  • My birth, then I would bear no witness to human's decline.
  • Stop Hitler no later than Czechoslovakia to avoid WWII.
  • The colonization of "primitive" peoples, which then lead to civil wars, genocide, etc.
  • Bush being "elected".
  • I would change it so that nobody would steal stuff.
  • The dropping of the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. It ushered in a whole new world of violent possibilities that will never be taken back.
  • The invention of welding and forging steel. There would be no guns, cars or mechanized farms.
  • I would change the fact that I ever met Anne.
  • I would take back September 11 -- we wouldn't be scared into really bad decisions.
  • No war because people die a lot. ~ Ella
  • We should have let the South secede the first time.
  • Dan Qualye letting GMO food to the market without any long-term knowledge of the experiment on our food supply, on human beings and plants and animals.
  • The total destruction and desecration of Indian land and culture.
  • I wouldn't change anything. If we change an event it would only happen at another time and place.
  • The birth Jesus Christ. We've been cursed ever since with the arrogant concept that the son of God came to earth...we are all sons and daughters of the great spirit.

No comments: